Xtheme IRC Services
Xtheme is feature-packed, fast, efficient, customisable, extendable and ubiquitous. Xtheme is a leader in revolutionary new features, stability and dependability.
Current Version: v8.0.0 (Stable)
- March 29th, 2018 Xtheme IRC Services version 8.0.0 is released!
- March 17th, 2018 Xtheme IRC Services version 8.0.0-dev6 is now available via Git as well as on the Download links (Releases)
- February 3rd, 2018 Xtheme IRC Services version 8.0.0-dev4 is available via Git; brings enhancements to FLAGS output. (AKICKs are no longer included in FLAGS output)
- December 7th, 2017 Xtheme IRC Services version 8.0.0-dev3 is released, tested to be stable, and contains a lot of new functionality and configure-ability. We recommend users upgrading from Xtheme 7 series to Xtheme 8.0.0-dev3.
- December 5th, 2017 Users are highly encouraged to sign up for the XthemeOrg Newsletter (Xtheme News) or re-subscribe if they were previously subscribed. We’ve moved the Newsletter system over to our own servers and are using an enhanced Newsletter system now.
- December 5th, 2017 Xtheme website moves back to Xtheme.org (thanks for hosting it previously, GitHub Pages!)
- October 24th, 2017 Xtheme IRC Services v8.0.0-dev2 is currently available via Git. Expect a package release around v8.0.0-dev3. (Soon!)
- October 11th, 2017 Xtheme IRC Services v8.0.0-dev1 goes into release on GitHub and has a package download available.
- September 6th, 2017 Xtheme 8.0.0-dev is now available via Git! (While it is tagged as a development version, it is considered stable but may have undiscovered bugs.) Package Releases will begin soon.
- August 15th, 2017 Production of Xtheme 8 is moving along swiftly!
- May 27th, 2017 Work begins on the next evolution of Xtheme (v8.0.0) – Xtheme 8 will be an exciting release for IRC Networks, Network Staff, and their users!
Even something as featureful as Xtheme might not have everything your network needs. For those cases, Xtheme offers both an extremely clean C API and a powerful, well-structured Perl interface. Extending services has never been easier!
Fast & Efficient
The Internet is faster than ever before. Computers are exponentially speedier than any time in the past. Shouldn’t your IRC services be fast too? Xtheme IRC services not only are lightning fast, but are also the most scale able modern IRC services package available.
Xtheme IRC Services provides support & collaboration on the following IRC networks:
IRC4Fun irc.IRC4Fun.net in #Xtheme
Freenode chat.freenode.net in #Xtheme.
Why Xtheme vs Anope, GNUworld, X3, etc?
Database encryption methods are modern in Xtheme versus a lot of other popular services packages. Xtheme IRC Services offers newer and better encryption methods for it’s database (and you and your users!)
We’re currently looking for talented, team-oriented individuals with an interest in Xtheme and IRC development to join the Xtheme Development Group, or simply to contribute to Xtheme. Please feel free to join us on IRC and discuss more.
Resources / Guides
Xtheme comes prebundled with over 250 modules and you can find over 50 additional modules in our contributed modules repository on GitHub.
Xtheme has all the features you’ve come to expect from modern IRC services, such as BotServ and HostServ, as well as innovative new features, such as GroupServ, ChanFix and InfoServ. SWI (Web Panel) is also compatible with Xtheme and most Atheme forks.
What has changed?
This question is asked quite often, and we understand the curiousity. The changes implemented into Xtheme IRC Services since it was forked from Atheme are visible in two places: We try to mention most if not all changes in the NEWS.md file as well as the Commit History.
Note-worthy New Features:
- ChanServ FLAGS output no longer shows AKICKs, as they have their own list. (This is especially helpful to channels with PUBACL set, so that bans are not easily evaded.)
- ChanServ:MASS (MASS (de)Voice, Halfop, Op, Protect, Owner)
- ChanServ:NOOP (Only ChanServ or BotServ Bot can be operator in a channel, and all operator commands must be issued through ChanServ.) (Helps to lower “channel temperatures”)
- ChanServ:SUSPEND (Suspended users will now be notified when they join channels their flags/access has been suspended in, as of Xtheme 8.0.0)
- Request: Does not allow duplication of currently active vHosts.
- New config option vhost_change allows Network Staff to set how often (in days) a user must wait before using REQUEST or TAKE to change their vHost.
- LASTLOGIN is shown upon successful authentication, and can be turned on/off per user via NickServ:SET:HIDELASTLOGIN
- ZLINE management via OperServ
- NETLOG (similar to Anope’s LOGUSERS)
- INFO output is now categorized and more intuitive.
- plus more!
SWI is a Services Web Interface (Web Panel) for Xtheme IRC Services (and most Atheme forks) written in PHP and maintained and developed by the Xtheme Development Group. SWI is known to be completely 100% compatible with Xtheme IRC Services and brought to you by the same Development group.