Xtheme IRC Services (v8.0.2)
Users running Xtheme 8.0.1 are strongly advised to update – this release fixes a crash bug which can be caused by users with or without access to Services.
- * NickServ/INFO: Removed a check to ensure user is not trying to use NickServ INFO on a channel. (This is ultimately obvious, and thus was not necessary)
- * Crash Bug fixed.
- AntiFlood updates, making it more effective against drive-by spammers, and flooders. Also performs a verbose notice upon trigger.
- MASS DE-Commands are now available. (Such as MASS DEVOICE, MASS DEOP, etc)
- Added SET NOOP – when set, only ChanServ or BotServ Bots will be allowed to be Operator and all commands must run through ChanServ.
- Added FDROPMAIL, which allows Services Operators to FDROP accounts by email address.
- Added FGROUP, which allows Services Operators to forcibly GROUP a nickname to their own account, or a user account.
- Added SET BLOCKSENDPASS, which when set to ON will only allow IRC Operators to SENDPASS that account. (per account setting)
- Cleaned up OperServ INFO command. Displayed output will now be in sections.
- Added HELP files for ProxyScan. (Note that SET DNSBLACTION is an OperServ command)
More is planned that did not make it into the 8.0.0 launch, so expect an 8.0.1 soon! (Those who use Git can
git pull, re-run
./configure --options, then
make install to stay up-to-date)
STAY UP TO DATE WITH XthemeOrg NEWS, UPDATES & SECURITY ADVISORIES
Subscribe to the XthemeOrg News at:
Xtheme IRC Services v8.0.0-dev4 is now available via Git; contains a number of improvements!
Xtheme IRC Services v8.0.0-dev4 is now available via Git — a package release will be released within the coming days.
Xtheme v8.0.0-dev4 brings a number of improvements such as:
- FLAGS output no longer displays AKICKs (those have their own list), which benefits channels using ChanServ’s PUBACL; making bans not as easy to evade.
- Internal Updates (to headers, copyrights, line endings & more)
- ChanServ/REGPROC has been removed – it was beyond buggy and the requesting network lost interest.
- and more to come! (stay tuned!)